2018: Florence Getaway (MQ)
4 days from Florence to Florence
One of Florence's most notable citizens, Dante Alighieri, was exiled from the city in the 1300s. Unlike Dante, you'll be welcomed to Florence with open arms! Upon your arrival, you'll be greeted by your one-of-a-kind Monograms Local Host, someone who is there for you throughout your stay to answer questions, help arrange your activities, offer suggestions, and ensure your vacation runs smoothly. Florence has so much to offer-historical landmarks, world-class museums, spectacular cuisine and wine, an abundance of works of art, and much more-that we know it can be overwhelming. That's why we've arranged the services of a Local Host to assist you. Plus, on this 4-day vacation, we've also arranged your hotel reservations, daily breakfast, and sightseeing.Your vacation begins when you arrive in Florence. Your Local Host will greet you with a friendly smile and a set of materials to help familiarize you with the city. You can begin exploring immediately and the next morning, after included breakfast, we'll pick you up at your hotel for guided sightseeing of the must-see attractions. We'll take you to the Academy of Fine Arts to see Michelangelo's David. You'll hear inside stories as we take you for a walk through the city center to see Cathedral Square; sculpture-studded Piazza della Signoria, the center of the city's political life since the 14th century; and Santa Croce Square. And never fear? your inside visit includes VIP access, which means you get to skip the line! After all, why waste time waiting in line like all the other tourists when you can be up close and personal with the treasures inside the Academy of Fine Arts?You'll also have a full day to explore on your own. You may want to take a guided tour of the Uffizi Gallery, one of the world's most famous art museums with works by da Vinci, Botticelli, and Michelangelo. Perhaps shop at the famous designer houses or browse the shops on the medieval Ponte Vecchio, the arched, stone merchant bridge that has housed stores since the 13th century. You may decide to take an excursion to Pisa to see the Leaning Tower; explore the secret passages of Palazzo Vecchio, constructed in 1299; or take a walking tour to visit some of the sights featured in Dan Brown's book Inferno. Your Local Host will have plenty of suggestions and can help arrange the activities you desire. Florence is a city with a deep history and artistic heritage. It offers everything from mouth-watering cuisine to exciting museums and beautiful churches. We want to make it easy for you to travel here, which is why we've arranged your hotel reservations, guides, sightseeing, and breakfast. All you have to do is grab your camera and get ready for an exciting adventure. Add the comfort of knowing you'll have someone there throughout your stay, and you've got the perfect vacation!
Call (615) 791-4690 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13901238
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 4 Days
- Escorted - No
|Day 1||Florence||Benvenuto - welcome! Your Local Host is available to help you create lasting memories in this splendid Renaissance city.|
|Day 2||Florence||Morning guided sightseeing, with headset, includes a visit of the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS featuring Michelangelo's original David. Walk through Cathedral Square; sculpture-studded Piazza della Signoria, center of the city's political life since the 14th century; and Santa Croce Square. Also admire medieval Ponte Vecchio, the arched, stone merchant bridge spanning the Arno River. (On Mondays, included guided sightseeing will take place on Day 3)|
|Day 3||Florence||Your Local Host can help you plan your day at leisure, with suggestions such as a visit to the fragrant Santa Maria Novella pharmacy for handmade soaps and creams.|
|Day 4||Florence||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.|
- US$ Price Details
2018 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification. Details will be available in September 2017.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).