Country Roads of Puglia and the Neapolitan Riviera (Summer 2018)
Brochure Type: Europe 2018
Fall head over heels for Puglia - an unspoiled, food lover's paradise. See the curious trulli and sparkling white towns, the unique beauty of the Bay of Naples, and the sun-drenched Isle of Capri.
Additional Included Highlights
- Explore the unique trulli buildings and join in the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Explore this delightful resort town overlooking the Bay of Naples, across to mount Vesuvius.
- Apennine Mountains, Sorrento cliff top road, Capri corniche, Amalfi Coast.
- Alberobello: After embracing the town as its natives do, you are welcomed into the home of a local for a freshly-prepared meal, typical of the region. Dine with the family and learn more about their life.
- Alberobello: Learn the history and taste for yourself the amazing structure, flavour and body of Apulian wine.
- Rome: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine and wine, accompanied by the rich tremolo of some of Italy's best loved songs.
- Dining Summary: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town.
- Rome: The magnificent Kolbe Hotel traces its origins to a 15th century convent. After a skillful restoration, today it is a luxury hotel located in the heart of the city.
- Alberobello: The Grand Hotel La Chiusa di Chietri is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the scenic surroundings.
- Rome: During you orientation with you Travel Director see the medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Alberobello: Explore the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site of small whitewashed stone houses called Trulli.
- Alberobello: Experience the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Matera: With your Local Expert, visit the famous Sassi or cave dwellings, which were home to approximately 20,000 people until 1950 and are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sorrento: Perched upon the cliffs, lookout to see the mighty Mount Vesuvious across the Bay of Naples.
- Isle of Capri: Cruise to this famous isle to meet your Local Expert and wander the beautiful Caesar Augustus Gardens. In the style of the jet-set, descend to the port by open-top taxi.
- Isle of Capri: In the style of the jet-set, descend to the port by open-top taxi.
- Positano: Drive along the Amalfi Coast to visit this seaside town. See the pastel rainbow of colourful houses precariously stacked upon one another as if cascading from the hilltop to the water.
- Scenic Drives: Relax and take in the views as you travel past the Apennine Mountains, along the Sorrento cliff top road, Capri corniche and Amalfi Coast.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (615) 791-4690 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14019652
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (Please ask about our great deals).|
|Day 2||Rome||Welcome to Rome.: Transfers to your hotel depart from Rome's Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport at 09:30, 12:30 and 15:30. Join your Travel Director at 17:30 to explore the Eternal City, passing the Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches scattered throughout the city. Arrive at a local restaurant and get to know your fellow travellers over a pleasant Welcome Dinner with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
Kolbe Hotel Rome.
|Day 3||Alberobello||Across the Apennines to the Trulli Town of Alberobello.: (Relaxed Start) Head southeast, through the sun-baked landscapes to the region of Puglia and its most spectacular town, Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the small, white-washed stone houses - known as Trulli - which are clustered together throughout the city and built entirely without mortar. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Hotel La Chiusa di Chietri
|Day 4||Alberobello||Exploring Alberobello.: (Relaxed Start) Puglia is a paradise for wine-lovers. Join an expert vintner for a tasting of the region's most robust and structured reds - as rich and complex as anything you'll find in Tuscany! For your Dine-at-Home experience, you are welcomed into a local family's home. See Nonna making orecchiette pasta and join her for a traditional freshly-prepared south Italian meal. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Hotel La Chiusa di Chietri
|Day 5||Alberobello||Free Time in Alberobello.: (Relaxed Start) The day is free for you to enjoy this extraordinary town as you wish. Why not join an Optional Experience to the stunning city of Ostuni? With its dazzling white-washed houses and fascinating history, it is a true delight. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Grand Hotel La Chiusa di Chietri
|Day 6||Sorrento||The Sassi di Matera and Sorrento.: Visit Matera with a Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sassi - a labyrinth of cave dwellings, churches, staircases and arches, hewn out of the solid rock. You may recognise Matera as the biblical backdrop for the film 'The Passion of the Christ.' Your journey continues with rolling green hills and wide mountain views paving the way, as you head towards the Tyrrhenian Sea. Take the dramatic coastal road to the lively clifftop town of Sorrento. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Capri||Capri, The Isle of Dreams.: Board the jetfoil to the sun-drenched island of Capri. Arrive at Marina Grande and take a funicular ride up to Capri town. A Local Expert escorts you to the luxuriant Caesar Augustus Gardens for views of the Faraglioni rocks and a crunchy, refreshing lemon granita - a specialty of the island. Savour the cosmopolitan mood of the Piazzetta before descending to the port by open-top taxi and returning to Sorrento. On arrival, you can investigate the art of intarsio or marquetry wood inlaying. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 8||Sorrento||The Amalfi Coast and Sorrento.: (Relaxed Start) Travel along Italy's finest coastline, the Amalfi Coast. Stop for a bird's-eye view of the terraced houses of Positano before venturing in to the heart of the town. There's time to be tempted by the boutiques before returning to Sorrento to enjoy stunning views down to the clear waters of the Bay of Naples. Sorrento's main square, Piazza Tasso, is a hub of activity; maybe relax over coffee and contemplate your options. You could stroll down to the harbour, visit the Church of St. Francis, take a swim from the foot of the cliffs or just relax and enjoy the warm, southern sunshine. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 9||Rome||On to ill-fated Pompeii and Rome.: Journey north to the ancient Roman city of Pompeii, eerily preserved by the eruptions of Mount Vesuvius in A.D. 79. Your Local Expert walks you through cobbled streets to explore some of the shops, villas and temples. Witness the colourful frescoes that were hidden for centuries. Continue beneath the brooding hilltop monastery of Monte Cassino and back to Rome where your journey reaches its zenith in the evening. In the heart of the Eternal City, you are treated to a quintessential Italian experience - fine food, wine, music and a private performance of enchanting operetta for your Celebration Dinner. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Kolbe Hotel Rome.
|Day 10||Rome||Arrivederci Roma.: Departure transfers arrive at Rome's Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport at 07:00 and 09:30. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Isle of Capri: Open-top taxis are dependent on favourable weather conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class